The Lightkeeper: A Memoir, by Gerald Butler and Patricia Ahern, was warmly praised by Gay Byrne recently on his Lyric FM radio programme, saying it was a "lovely read...you'll find it very enjoyable." Of the chapter on the 1979 Fastnet race tragedy he said that "the description in the book is just amazing". And in The Sunday Times, reviewer Alan Murdoch wrote: "Comprehensive and engaging, this timely account touches nostalgic nerves..."
The Lightkeeper praised by Gay Byrne and The Sunday Times
- New North American and UK/European Sales and Distribution for The Liffey Press
- Author of Dronehenge Invited by Paul Muldoon to Address Irish Studies Group at Princeton
- The Boundless and Miraculous Featured on The Irish Times Website
- More Publicity for Grandpa the Sniper
- Extract from Grandpa the Sniper Appears in Sunday Business Post